May 14, 2020
Lockdown has driven us all a little bit crazy, we all started out high productivity, redecorating our rooms, trying to learn that new skills... I think we have all reached the point of not knowing the day other than it's 5 o’clock somewhere so a G&T is allowed (or a mocktail if that’s what you’re into) This is the perfect time to start (if you haven’t already) focussing on ourselves and our wellbeing. We have made a list of our top wellbeing tips to keep ourselves relatively calm in this unimaginable time.
1. Take time for yourself!!! Whether you’re living with your family, friends, boyfriend, girlfriend or even alone, you need to take time out for yourself. Pour yourself a bath, get yourself your favourite facemask, hair mask, book etc
Anything that makes you happy and gets you away from others for a bit, even if it’s your daily exercise! Make sure you have that time off for yourself.
2. Try have a good work/play balance If you are working from home, make sure you’re not working from bed!!! Very important for making sure after work you can actually chill and not think about what your boss wants you to do next. If you aren’t working from home, try to get into a routine, whether it’s taking the dog for a walk at 8 am and working out at 11am or watching TikTok's until 2pm then acing some Instagram live workout. Try to get some sort of structure into your life!
3. Look after your physical health Easier said than done when we are all stuck at home but there are so many options of ways to look after our physical health! Planning meals is a great way to eat healthier to stop ourselves from snacking 24/7. There are loads of ways to stay fit at the moment, Instagram fitness influencers are offering free live workouts including @courtneydblack There are so many apps out there to try out, Yoga, fitness, running there are options for whatever type of fitness you want to get into and try out!
4. Take a breather Meditation is a great way to help our wellbeing, and now is a great time to try practising meditation even if it is just for 10 minutes! There are loads of apps to help with this, my favourite is headspace because there are so many options such as helping you sleep, confidence, anxiety or general meditation!
5.Create a Tiktok account I think everyone is now aware of TikTok, it is a really fun platform that everyone should have an account for by now! Creating videos, doing dances, getting your family/friends or whoever you are in lockdown with even if it’s your dog involved! This can be a great way to pass the time whether you just watch videos or create some of your own, its great get away from everything and have a laugh for a bit!
6. Last but not least ASK FOR HELP! If you are really struggling with your wellbeing during the lockdown, don’t be afraid to ask for help! Whether you let a friend know, a family member or talk to your doctor! Everyone is going through a hard time and will help out any way they can! Stay safe and stay inside!